At Universal Woods, we are committed to the responsible use of our environmental resources. In fact, environmental sustainability is an integral part of our business model. We have chosen to be an environmentally friendly organization for both ethical and economic reasons. From the use of recycled materials in the manufacturing of our products to workplace recycling and green initiatives, we have developed a culture of environmental stewardship.
Our Manufacturing Plant is located in Louisville, KY. The manufacturing plant is an environmentally considerate facility that uses a low energy process for curing our ChromaLuxe®, Unisub®, and ResinDek® coatings. Aluminum, steel and wood products are recycled on-site. Low energy use light bulbs are in place as well as a program of unplugging or shutting down any unneeded equipment when possible. Plastic drinking water bottles and aluminum cans are recycled as well as any plain paper. We strive to protect the planet while being a responsible team.
We are dedicated to making all of our products environmentally friendly. Here are just a few of the ways we do that:
- Environmentally considerate facility that uses a low energy process for curing the coating.
- Low energy light bulbs are in place.
- Efficiency program in place to unplug or shut down any unneeded equipment when possible.
- Our MDF supplier does offer FSC certified board; they purchase FSC certified wood chips to make our MDF photo panels.
- Hardboard, MDF, Aluminum and Steel products and scrap are recycled inside our plant facility or using a third party recycling company as appropriate
- Recycling program is actively in place for drinking water bottles, paper, electronics and cardboard
- Aluminum that we purchase is created by both pre and post-consumer recycled material
- Steel products are made from some recycled content
- MDF products are created out of 80% post-consumer recycled material
- Steel, hardboard and MDF products are all recyclable materials.
- Aluminum material is recyclable – this is important because material is diverted from the waste stream through the recycling infrastructure and can be used for other products.
- Our coating is produced using low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Sublimating UW coated products produces no VOCs
- Our hardboard products neither contain nor emit formaldehyde
- Our MDF products have clean content with minimal added formaldehyde.
- CARB (California Air Resource Board) has granted us an exemption from their rule regarding the emission of formaldehyde from products and have issued us an exemption number; no chain-of-custody is necessary when using or reselling our products.