We are looking for an experienced Shipping Manager to manage daily shipping and distribution operations. The Shipping Manager will ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered promptly and have exceptional analytical, organization, and communication skills. To ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively, the Shipping Manager must be comfortable with paperwork, information systems, and have expert knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures.
- Plan and implement overall shipping strategy
- Set shipping KPIs
- Prepare and present KPI reports
- Suggest solutions for process optimization
- Supervise shipping team members
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders (such as warehouse workers, vendors, purchasing managers, suppliers, etc.)
- Negotiate optimal pricing
- Closely supervise/monitor the Shipping staff’s productivity levels to make sure that goals/targets are reached
- Report on Shipping staff performance to the company’s top management
- Resolve all shipping-related issues that may arise
- Inspect and audit packaged orders for proper labels, bar codes, and batch numbers
- Make use of necessary computer software to check and track shipped orders at all times
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notices, pick slips, bills of lading, etc.
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing, and other managers to optimize processes
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and company policies
- Proven experience as shipping manager
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents (e.g., ASN)
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma; BS/BA in supply chain, logistics, or relative field is a definite plus
At Universal Woods, it’s the people that make the UW purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- Competitive salary
- Profit-sharing plan (TBD)
- 401(k) plan
- Company 401(k) matching contributions (50% of first 6% contribution matched)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition assistance
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Vacation time & paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Health & wellness program
- Growth & learning opportunities
The Company: Universal Woods
Universal Woods is a manufacturer of coated, hard substrates used in graphics and mezzanine decking applications. The Company serves two primary segments: (i) Sublimation, for which it supplies coated aluminum, wood, and other substrates that are to apply images through sublimation printing; and (ii) Cornerstone Wood Products (“CSWP”), for which it manufactures coated, engineered wood for warehouse mezzanine decking.
Sublimation is a form of printing that transfers inks into a coated surface, resulting in vibrant colors, long life, and superior durability compared to traditional printing methods. Universal Woods sells two primary brands of sublimation substrates, Unisub and ChromaLuxe. Unisub is sold primarily in a wide variety of shapes, used in the personalized photo gift market, such as ornaments, coasters, key chains, etc. ChromaLuxe primarily sells coated aluminum and hardboard for use for printing premium fine art and personal photos.
UW is headquartered in Louisville, KY, with additional facilities and operations in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Belgium, and Australia.
To apply, send resumé and cover letter to:Charles Hopkins, email: Charles.Hopkins@universalwoods.com. For questions, contact (502) 855-3206. Reference: Shipping Manager position. Universal Woods LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.