In service to our customers, Universal Woods is offering a terrific opportunity to join and work with our family-friendly, multidisciplinary company that includes Manufacturing, Operations, Product Development, Engineering, and Sales. In support of the global sublimation and performance-engineered panels industry, this role will participate in the change management process, ensuring our products and services continue to meet customer requirements. This will be accomplished by establishing and maintaining the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control of our Quality Management System (QMS).
- Working with, leading, and providing technical support to our materials suppliers and Operations’ groups
- Providing continuous quality improvement of our products, services, and manufacturing processes
- Conducting corrective/preventive action investigations and internal audits to ensure quality standards are being met
- Monitoring and analyzing quality-related KPIs for our manufacturing processes
- Driving continuous product and process improvements by coaching, teaching, and learning from our production teams
- Relevant work experience in the areas listed above
- Solid understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), FMEA, SPC, and product/process control plans
- Related professional certifications (ex: Six Sigma or LEAN) and expertise is a plus
- An ethical employee with an exemplary work history
- Continual (applied) learner
- Work well with others (i.e., facilitate; coach/teach) and thrive in a total team-managed-teams environment/culture
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, and continual improvement systems
- Understanding of a quality system concerning domestic and international standards
- Knowledge of reliability and risk management, including key terms, definitions, and tools
- Proficient application/use of engineering-based (analytic, measurement, and other) tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills. Innovation, creativity welcomed
At Universal Woods, it’s the people that make the UW purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- Competitive salary
- Incentive bonus plan
- Profit-sharing plan (TBD)
- 401(k) plan
- Company 401(k) matching contributions (50% of first 6% contribution matched)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition assistance
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Vacation time & paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Health & wellness program
- Growth & learning opportunities
The Company: Universal Woods
Universal Woods is a manufacturer of coated, hard substrates used in graphics and mezzanine decking applications. The company serves two primary segments: (i) Sublimation, for which it supplies coated aluminum, wood, and other substrates that are to apply images through sublimation printing; and (ii) Cornerstone Wood Products (“CSWP”), for which it manufactures coated, engineered wood for warehouse mezzanine decking.
Sublimation is a form of printing that transfers inks into a coated surface, resulting in vibrant colors, long life, and superior durability compared to traditional printing methods. Universal Woods sells two primary brands of sublimation substrates, Unisub and ChromaLuxe. Unisub is sold primarily in a wide variety of shapes, used in the personalized photo gift market, such as ornaments, coasters, key chains, etc. ChromaLuxe primarily sells coated aluminum and hardboard for use for printing premium fine art and personal photos.
UW is headquartered in Louisville, KY, with additional facilities and operations in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Belgium, and Australia.
To apply, send resumé and cover letter to:Charles Hopkins, email: Charles.Hopkins@universalwoods.com. For questions, contact (502) 855-3206. Reference: Quality Engineer position.